If you’re considering braces for your child, you may not realize that an orthodontist can offer more than one type of treatment, including one called Invisalign. Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment system offered by Dr. Sam Papandreas of North Royalton, Ohio, that straightens the teeth without braces.
An Invisalign device is a clear, removable, and nearly invisible plastic aligner that fits over the teeth. Each Invisalign device is made to fit the individual patient, using 3-D computer imaging and technology. Since it’s invisible, you can keep on smiling right through your treatment.
Why Would I Want It?
Invisalign has many benefits compared to regular braces.
- The computer modeling allows you to see exactly what your teeth will look like after treatment.
- Since the devices are removable, you can take them out to eat, and it’s also much easier to clean your teeth. For example, you can easily floss your teeth — something that is much harder to do with conventional braces.
- Unlike conventional braces, which can break if you eat certain foods, Invisalign allows you to eat and drink whatever you want to.
- You’ll spend less time in the orthodontist’s office, since no adjustments are needed to the wires (because there aren’t any wires!).
- No wires or metal also means no mouth abrasions and none of the discomfort that occurs when wires are tightened.