Last Updated on
“There is no weapon in the feminine armory to which men are so vulnerable at they are to a smile.” ― Dorothy Dix
Such a beautiful choice, deciding to smile every day. We often forget to smile, but Dorothy Dix has chosen something akin to the “grin and bear it” adage as a philosophy of life. Surely, though, this is naive. What good does smiling do?
Lots of good according to researchers.
- lowers stress, eases tension
- is contagious…just like yawning, but more fun!
- inspires confidence in a leader’s ability. Smiling bosses are regarded by their employees as better supervisors. Beaming joy looks like beaming confidence.
- releases endorphins that make the smiler actually feel happier. No longer must you wait for something happy to happen. Smiling makes you FEEL like smiling.
- boosts your immune system. In a study of pediatric patients in an infectology ward, the children showed higher white blood cell counts after being visited by entertainers who made them smile.
- evokes feelings of trust.
- makes other people feel good, too. So share the love!
Remember your child’s toddler smiles? That amazing, whole-body exuberance your little one showed, just because mommy walked into the room. What an incredible reception! Did you ever feel more thoroughly adored?
It’s a wonderful feeling. Smiling at each other makes us feel good. But some people shy away from smiling. Do you? Do your children?
Does your son put his head down and laugh at a joke with his fist in front of his mouth? When your daughter is delighted, does she cover her face with her hands to hide her teeth?
Life’s too short for that. Check out their options with top 1% Invisalign orthodontist Dr. Papandreas. With complimentary initial consultations, it doesn’t hurt to see what he recommends. Plus, Invisalign’s medical-grade plastic fits over the teeth, invisible unless someone is looking for it. Don’t worry, though, Dr. Papandreas still uses metal braces, too. You can still choose your favorite team’s colors at your adjustment appointments!
Call Papandreas Orthodontics to Schedule Your First Orthodontic Appointment
Dr. Samuel Papandreas provides expert orthodontic care for adults, teenagers and children at his facilities in:
• Brunswick, Ohio
• North Royalton, Ohio
His patients are fitted with customized orthodontic devices that include:
• Braces – color-matching ceramic or metal devices
• Retainers – worn at night when your braces are removed
• Invisalign aligners – clear plastic devices
• Palatal expanders – worn before your orthodontic treatment begins
You can schedule an appointment with Papandreas Orthodontics to learn about the best type of orthodontic treatment for you and your children to improve your smile correct your dental bite.
Dr. Papandreas is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, Cleveland Dental Society, Ohio Dental Association and the Schulman Study Group of top orthodontic practices nationally.