Last Updated on
Hello Papandreas Orthodontics Patients and Families!
We hope that all of you are staying safe and healthy. Per Governor Mike DeWine’s recent Order we are pleased to announce the re-opening of our offices this week. Please read this post in its entirety as it outlines important information regarding your upcoming visits.
Our number one priority remains the safety of our team, patients and families. Just as our state and communities are reopening with a phased approach we will also follow a similar method. We are closely following CDC and OSHA guidelines and will be adjusting our regular appointment flow to ensure that proper safety precautions are in place.
We understand that many of you have waited a long time for your appointment. It is our intention to see you or your child as quickly and safely as possible. Initially we will not be able to see the same number of patients as we usually do. This allows for additional screening and proper physical distancing. Don’t worry, though – we will still provide the spectacular customer service you’ve come to expect! Please note the reception desk and area, financial and consultation rooms, rest room, and tooth brushing stations are all closed.
Our team is working diligently through our backlog to reschedule appointments. We are aware of everyone who needs an appointment over the next several weeks and will be proactively reaching out to each of you. Please be patient as we are rescheduling many appointments as a result of the COVID-19 closure.
On the day of your appointment:
- Please brush your teeth, use the rest room and wash your hands prior to arriving at our office.
- Once here remain in your car, text (440) 276-8058 that you have arrived along with the parent and/or patient’s name.
- We will text you back when our team member is ready to greet you at the our front door, there can be no congregating in the doorway, lobby or waiting room.
- We will conduct a pre-appointment screening including a temperature check. If we note a temperature of 100 or above or other COVID-19 symptoms, we have no choice but to reschedule your visit. We will also recommend you see your physician or Urgent Care for further testing.
- You will be required to acknowledge and sign an Informed Consent for Treatment in the COVID19 Era (watch your email, fill it out in advance, and bring a hardcopy with you).
- To reduce the number of individuals in our office only the patient will enter the building, all other family members will return and wait in the car.
- If you absolutely must accompany your child you will need to arrive with your own mask or the visit will need to be rescheduled. Unfortunately we do not have additional PPP equipment for parents.
- Papandreas or a team member will communicate with you during the appointment. Please note your preference either by phone, recorded video (your child will retrieve your phone for the recording when we are ready), or a real-time Zoom conference as the appointment happens.
- At the end of the visit the patient is escorted out of the office.
- We will set your next visit based on Dr. Papandreas’ recommendations and email the date & time. If you are unable to make that appointment call the office to work with our team. Bear in mind Dr. Papandreas will have limited options available at this time, thanks for your understanding relative to federal and state guidelines effecting this.
For our higher-risk procedures such as removing braces or Invisalign, repairing loose braces, or removing appliances, we will be using a low-aerosol-producing dental handpiece with high-volume suction. These appointments will be scheduled only at specific times and in the morning.
Because of the backlog of cancelled appointments and to maintain social distancing we will not be able to accommodate walk-in comfort and emergency visits. All appointments must be directly scheduled through our office.
We will be reaching out to many of you and converting your appointments to a secure online virtual visit from the convenience of your home. You will still speak directly with Dr. Papandreas and he will direct you should more interaction be necessary.
A few other things you should know:
- If you feel ill or are experiencing any symptoms of a cold, the flu or any acute respiratory illness (fever, coughing, shortness of breath) please reschedule your appointments. We are asking the same of any patient who believes they have been at risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- We reserve the right to delay non-essential care to those patients exhibiting any symptoms.
- Our team members will follow these same precautions and will stay at home if they are experiencing any symptoms or believe they have been at risk of exposure.
- As always we continue to practice universal infection control precautions including cleaning and disinfecting all clinical surfaces after each patient use. We sterilize all instruments and discard single use items.
- We are increasing the frequency in which all areas (countertops, door handles, chairs, etc.) are being disinfected throughout the day.
- We are practicing social distancing strategies such as avoiding handshakes and ask that our patients and families do the same. As always all our locations are set up with separate rooms for your care.
- We have removed as many avenues for cross-contamination as possible such as water, coffee, magazines, toys, cookies, self-check-in screens and more.
For our kids please let them know even though our procedures may be a little different our office remains the same friendly, easy-going place it always is. We may be wearing masks and gloves but underneath them are the same wonderful and caring team members!
As you know things have changed during these past many weeks. The plan outlined above is for this moment and will change with new information. Follow all our social media channels for updates in addition to our texts and emails.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time. We are excited to see you and appreciate your working with us to make sure the care you and your family receive at our office is as safe as possible. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Your Papandreas Orthodontics Team!